What is Kombucha Tea?
Have you yet come across the fermented black or green tea served as a healthy fizzy drink yet? You probably know about Kombucha, the popular naturally brewed drink. The interesting history of kombucha and its numerous health benefits are becoming popular across north america.
The origins of Kombucha is not very clearly documented. But by some accounts it seems to be originated in the Far East of China, and has been consumed for more than 2000 years. The first ever recorded use of kombucha comes from China in 221 BC during the Tsin Dynasty. It was known as “The Tea of Immortality”. Legend says that this tea brew was first consumed by Emperor Qin Shi Huang in ancient China, one of the earliest civilizations to recognize the health benefits of kombucha.
Benefits of KombuchaTea
- Good Source of Probiotics
- Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. Our body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are termed “good” bacteria because they help keep our gut heal. This means the bacteria from Probiotics can kill harmful bacteria in our body.
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Antioxidants are molecules that helps reduce the damage of cells in our body. Antioxidants are found in many foods, including fruits and vegetables. They are also available as dietary supplement. Polyphenols are responsible for the antioxidant qualities of green and black tea. After the kombucha fermentation there is much more of Amino acids, vitamins B2, B6, & C, acetic acid, lactic acid, and active enzymes and more.
- Detoxification is process of getting rid of “toxins” from our body.Kombucha contains substantial quantities of glucuronic acid. This gives the body extra glucuronidation detoxification) capacities which takes the load off the liver.
- Improved Digestion
- Kombucha is a probiotic beverage and it is naturally fermented with a living colony of bacteria and yeast. This bacteria and yeast together improves the gut balance and thereby improves digestion, fighting candida growth and maintaining good state of mind.
- Cholesterol Reduction
- Studies show that drinking green tea regularly can increase the amount of calories you burn, reduce belly fat, improve cholesterol levels, help with blood sugar levels. Kombucha helps to lower the triglyceride levels, as well as regulate cholesterol naturally.
- Weight Loss
- The good bacteria and enzymes present in kombucha helps to create a proper balance in your stomach, and this aids in digestion, nutrient absorption, and good metabolism. This helps the efficient burning of fat and their by result in weight loss.
How to make Kombucha tea? Coming Soon…