Top Yoga Vacation Retreats Worldwide
Sivananda Ashrams are a popular yoga retreat destination for yoga vacationers around the world. It has 9 ashrams/retreats in Asia, North America and Europe. These ashrams are located in Canada, India, France, Austria, Bahamas, and the United States.
The guests of Ashram are often seekers who want to go through the spiritual experience through proper exercises, proper relaxation, proper food and more importantly the openness and willingness to learn new things.
Ashrams operate as non-profits and the services and support come from the volunteers in the community.
(The facilities below are not offered at all Sivananda Ashram locations)
- Accommodation – Single rooms, Shared rooms, Dormitory & Camping
- Health hut
- Ayurvedic Treatment
- Temple – for meditation & prayer
Typical Ashram Daily Schedule
- 5:30 am – Wake-up bell
- 6:00 am – Satsang/Group gathering (starts with meditation, mantra chanting and lecture/reading)
- 8:00 am – Yoga Asanas & Relaxation
- 10:00 am – Brunch (Vegetarian meal)
- 4:00 pm – Yoga Asanas & Relaxation
- 6:00 pm – Dinner (Vegetarian meal)
- 8:00 pm – Satsang/Group gathering (starts with meditation, mantra chanting and lecture/reading)
- 10:00 pm – Back to room and lights out